Friday 27 January 2012

Photoshop CS5 tutorial - Smooth skin (Pimp My Face) Feature: Alicia Sil...


 
This is the most helpful video I have used. I really think it made a big difference to the original image and hopefully when my front cover is finished it will increase the quality of the image.
 
 
Firstly I used the spot healing tool to cover up the blemishes and moles that she had on her skin by putting the mouse over the mark on her skin and clicking the button down. This made the blemish blend into the colour of her skin to make it look clear.
 
I then went into filter at the top of the page, then down to blur and surface blur and this allowed me to blur the image slightly which makes the skin look a lot smoother.
 
 
After doing this a separate box appears and this allows you to manipulate the image more.
 
This process made the whole image look very blurry which is not the result I wanted. To fix this problem I had to select all of the skin and then reverse the selection so all of the clothing, background etc was selected instead. I then deleted the blur effect of these parts of the image which made it look sharp again. This meant that just the skin had the blur effect on it which made it look like porcelain, how I wanted it to look.

No comments:

Post a Comment