Wednesday 19 December 2012

Second draft of DPS text - question style

How is the new found fame treating you?
Quite well, I’m really enjoying myself. There are obviously some down sides like the made up stories in the press and the people who don’t like what you’re doing but I haven’t come across many of those.
Have any other celebrities given you advice about how to deal with the media?
Yeah they have actually! Jessie J called me the other day and was just telling me to stay true to myself and to not read the comments in the newspapers and on the social networking sites because she doesn’t want them to upset me like they did her.
We also heard Beyoncé has had some kind words to say, what can you tell us about that?
Yeah I was in New York a few weeks ago recording and to my surprise Beyoncé walked through the door and said she had heard some of the material from my debut album and that she thought I had a great tone to my voice. That was amazing for somebody of her calibre to say something like that to me, the small town girl from Yorkshire.
Would you say Beyoncé is one of your idols?
Oh definitely, she’s amazing! To have even a quatre of her success would be more than enough for me.
Do other artists influence your music?
I suppose, I pride myself on being individual and original but if I like an artist or a song I will think about how they have made the track successful and try to incorporate that into my own work.
That sounds like a good idea! What type of music do you usually listen to?
I love a bit of everything except heavy metal, I can’t understand why people enjoy that sort of thing but I suppose everybody is different. I love old school R&B like Boyz II Men, Alicia Keys, Ne-Yo, R-Kelly and Trey Songz. The relaxing vibe to that kind of music is great especially with the type of schedule I have.
Oh yes I love that too! Speaking of your schedule, what do you miss the most about your old lifestyle?
Seeing my family and friends whenever I want to. It has been very hard to come to terms with that and also just being able to walk to the shop or sit in a cinema screening without being noticed. I miss the “normal” things that you take for granted.
I bet that’s hard!
Yeah it really is. I mean I don’t get recognised all the time, in London it’s a different story but especially back home I can’t go anywhere. It’s a compliment though!
Yeah, a great compliment. What is your favourite part of the job?
I think my favourite bit is getting to travel the world and meeting lots of new people. My fans are amazing! If I’m in a city and they find out, I have people trying to find me to meet me. Touring is something I have always wanted to do and also recording across the world is great!
If you could record or shoot a video anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Definitely Australia or the Caribbean! I love warm weather and when I was a child one of my best friends moved to Oz and I haven’t seen her since so I would love to go there and see her again, whilst working of course!
Great choices, Australia is on my bucket list too. Now finally what would you like to have achieved by this time next year?
I would love to have had a successful tour and debut album, they’re my dreams. By this time in two years I would love to have done an arena tour!
We like this, an ambitious and down to earth girl. Thank you for talking to us Scarlett, see you soon!
My pleasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment